Board of Directors
NHMH is a recognized leader
in advocacy for medical-behavioral integrated care which means having both your physical and behavioral conditions treated together in a coordinated fashion.
- Integrated care can help solve both the social stigma surrounding mental disorders and provide more effective overall behavioral and medical treatments.
- NHMH focuses exclusively on this one issue, developing a national network of collaborators and partners, all on the cutting-edge of advancing integrated care
- We have been invited to participate in several prestigious national and state research
efforts and clinical trials to develop successful feasible models of integrated care.
We work with:
- Federal and state policy-makers to change healthcare policy to allow
medical and behavioral professionals to get paid for providing integrated care
- Researchers to accelerate development of new models of integrated care
- Physician groups to help medical practitioners to begin offering integrated care, and take a medical-behavioral team approach to care
- Other advocacy partners to raise medical-behavioral integrated care services to top of health policy reform agenda
NHMH brings value
… in improved physical and behavioral health outcomes and lowered total healthcare costs.